Tuesday, April 23, 2013

F&N Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04: THE Finals!

Screams are still filling up my head, my lungs, my heart...
The adrenaline rush has reached deep into my bloodstream, spread to every inch of my skin to the very tip of my fingernails.

Goosebumps overload.

The sore throat was all worthwhile.

THANK YOU, F&N and OMY.SG for this opportunity to attend the Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04 Finals and thanking you a million times is not enough to express my gratitude.

IMG_8966

My intention of taking up this challenge as the FNNSDD4 blogger is simple: this program has me constantly surrounded by passionate people, up-close & personal with them. Their positive vibes inspire & remind me to love what I do and do what I love, then share this love with like-minded people like YOU.

Dreams.
They only happen when you sleep until you decide to work towards them and make them into reality.

The first thing I did when I reached Kallang Theatre was to 'chiong' to the F&N booth to get a drink.

IMG_8947


IMG_8944

The F&N Sparkling drinks were almost wiped out and by the time I got to the ice box, there's only 1 can left!!!

IMG_8952

Then nasty MinutemanSG took it while I was busy snapping pictures and I caught him red-handed, ee-yer you sneaky fella!

IMG_8954

Thankfully there were these cute F&N bottle dispensers where we can help ourselves to: Groovy Grape, Outrageous Orange, Cheeky Cherryade and Cool Ice Cream Soda, which flavour should I choose?!

MinuteMan seriously #LastWarning.
Leave some for me!

IMG_8957

IMG_8950

5 minutes before the final show began, Minuteman and I found ourselves at the photo booth doing a 10-second dance which will be converted into a mini flipbook for us to keep for life.

Super love the colour of the photo booth!

Vibrant, Confident, Cheerful and Spirited; just what the F&N Sparkling Drinks are about. F&N is the presenting sponsor of Singapore Dance Delight Vol 4, where dancers from all walks of life come together in celebration of dance and the vibrancy and energy of being young.

F&N + Singapore Dance Delight = PERFECT MATCH

IMG_8961

IMG_8965

The mini flip-book looks like this:

IMG_8962

I'm making a short video of my flipbook at the moment.
Visit again to watch!


Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04 (Finals)

Let the finals begin...

IMG_8970

IMG_8984

Presented by F&N and produced by O School, the Singapore Dance Delight is widely recognised by young dancers as the competition challenge themselves and to learn and improve their skills by pitting themselves against some of the best dancers in the region.

The top 22 dance crews are to battle it out at the Kallang Theatre, with 14 finalists chosen from the tough battle at the Singapore Dance Delight Preliminary Round held on 30 March 2013 at Vivocity. The other dance crews are the winning teams from Dance Delight Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand.

Strictly judged on their technical abilities, showmanship, musicality, originality and professionalism, ONE team will be chosen to represent ASEAN at Japan Dance Delight Vol 20 which will be held in Osaka, Japan on 1 September 2013.

*my heart is beating so fast so fast I think it'll pop out of my chest any time now*

The winner of Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04 will receive a 4D3N round-trip, air tickets + Accommodation, to Osaka to compete in Japan Dance Delight Vol 20.

The good news is, F&N is having a Twitter contest right now to give us a chance to Osaka to watch the winning team shine at the Japan Dance Delight Vol 20 so read on!

I was totally wow-ed by the stage set up and effects~

IMG_9153

It's a FULL HOUSE!
IMG_8978

I have to share this experience with this special someone who has an avid passion for dancing and invited her too~

Dance is her LIFE.
Everyone, say hi to my Love, YUKO!

IMG_8976

Yuko is a dancer-host at ADFT and my artiste manager.
Yes I've got so much to update you!
Like how come I suddenly have an artiste manager.
I promise I'll tell you everything once I settle my over-dued homework and back-dating blog posts!


Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04, Panel of judges

First 10 minutes and I felt myself losing my voice already.
I was screaming AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE so much so I can feel my voice touching the ceiling of the theatre.

The finals kicked off with a showcase from each of the FNNSDD4 judges. Their breathe-taking moves almost had me collapsed on the floor that instance. You get to watch, NOT ONE BUT FIVE famous dance celebrities groove on stage, how can you resist?!?!

Mitsuhiro Harada aka Machine from Japan, the creator of Japan Dance Delight and the leader of the legendary break dance team "Angel Dust Breakers':
IMG_8989

Ryan Tan from Singapore, the Creative Director of O school, a familiar and well respected name in the local dance community. He has since expanded his vocabulary from Hip-hop and Jazz, to now Lyrical and contemporary styles.

IMG_8994

Tony Tzar from Washington D.C, a hip-hop and house instructor at Debbie Reynolds, International Dance Academy and EDGE Performing Arts Center in Los Angeles. He has worked with Britney Spears, Jason Derulo, Jessi Malay and lyaz as an assistant choreographer:
IMG_8997

Madoka from Japan
IMG_9004

Finally here's Jamel Brown aka Loose Joint, a hip hop dance from New York with 30 years of experience. He co-founded Elite Force Crew - A crew that has gone on to world - renowned artists such as Michael Jackson, Mariah Carey, Will Smith and TLC.

I recorded the showcase of Loose Joint, and a sneak peak into Machine's showcase.
Check out the atmosphere: everyone was damn 'high'!
It was MADNESS.



Minuteman shot some of the BEST moves/poses of the judges!
See his pictures here.

My F&N Singapore Dance Delight Vol 04 Experience

Here's a personal recount and some highlights which I think are the most memorable.

Highlight 1:The Emcee
Kallang Theatre reached a new level of madness when a familiar voice greeted us from the backstage. Is he... Yes he is the most awesome emcee in the universe and he is none other than Shiekh Haikel!!!

"Let me hear you say 'yeah'."  (crowd echoed 'yeah')
Let me hear you say 'Yeah yeah'!"(crowd echoed 'yeah yeah!')

IMG_9006

Highlight 2: Constant Cheering From The Audience
Meanwhile on the floor, Yuko and I (of course plus every single person in the theatre) were spreading the cheer to support the finalists: Screaming, vigorously shaking their customised LED boards, clapping, waving... Go go fighting!!!

IMG_9151

Highlight 3: Individual Crew Introduction
All teams made a grand entry with their crew name shown on the BIG SCREEN:

IMG_9027

Followed by a short dance video preview of the crew:
IMG_9030

Finally the finalists were to make their way from the middle of the theatre, passed the judges and onto the stage for their final showdown.

IMG_9031

IMG_9033

Here's my recording showing you how A.O.C. did their grand entry; one of the most interesting ones in my opinion. I like how the team effectively used a mandosong titled Mei Fei Se Wu by Sammi Cheng for their entry:



Here's the mandosong A.O.C. had used:


Hightlight 4: Decada from The Philippines

I cried for Decada.
They are a group of passionate dancers; pushing themselves to their limits.
I saw how hard they had trained.
I see their hard work paid off.
I saw them shine.

I shed tears of joy and for that moment, I felt like running onto the stage to hug every single one.

IMG_9056

Highlight 5: FSZ from Vietnam.
Their dance is so adorable; so cute but one can straightaway tell the strength of their foundation.
Popping > Tutting > Breaking > Locking > Act Cute

One of my favourite dance choreography that evening.
Entertainment value: 5 out of 5.

Thank you for the laughter, FSZ.

IMG_9078

IMG_9081

Highlight 6: Roosevelt from Singapore

In my opinion they are the MOST attractive crew that evening when the girls' eyes electrocuted every guy in the room. The stunning entrance they made totally swept me off my feet, throwing roses at random guests... I WANT A STALK TOO!!!

IMG_9111

IMG_9126


Highlight 7: BLU CRU from Singapore

They made it to the finals after the prelim results were announced!
WOHOOOOO~!!!!

Congratulations BLU CRU!

IMG_9226

While waiting for the results to tally, we had a game segment and DJs spinning for us.
The DJ in a red cap is my classmate from Republic Polytechnic!
IMG_9277

Highlight 8: 2 new stars born during the game segment, Brandon and Josh & lots of F&N Gifts!



The finalists peeping from backstage, so cute :)
IMG_9282

The judges were invited on stage to say a few words:
IMG_9302


FNNSDD4 Winnners Announced

BLU CRU won the most popular crew award that night!
Wohooooo~
IMG_9304

Coming in 3rd place: Freekzy Bots from Singapore
IMG_9188
Photo Credits: MinutemanSG

2nd place: Flipendemic Kru from The Philippines
IMG_9190
Photo Credits: MinutemanSG

And the winner is Megamint!!!
AMIN AMIN AMIN YOU DA BEST~

IMG_9311
Is it me or did Amin got more handsome than ever. :p


F&N Sparkling Drinks ONLINE TWITTER CONTEST!


Be chosen to go Osaka, Japan for the Japan Dance Delight Vol 20 Finals!!

F&N Sparkling Drinks has a “F&N Fulfills Your Dreams” contest on Twitter!
The winner will win a 4 Day 3 Night package for TWO to Osaka, Japan, to cheer on Megamint and witness the crowning of the Japan Dance Delight Vol 20 Champion!

JUST TWEET.

Yes tweet, as many times as you want, about why you should be chosen to go along with our champions to Osaka Japan, and include the hashtag #fnnsdd4 in your tweets.

Here's mine:
"I am Mini Mint and I wanna go to Osaka to watch MegaMint shine on #FNNSDD4 dance floor!"

Remember to include the hashtag #fnnsdd4 else no one will know that you tweeted~

For more info, please visit www.fnn.com.sg or www.facebook.com/FnNFun.

BLU CRU, Jia you next year~!!!!

IMG_9316

Read up more about the latest news posted by the 6 FNNSDD4 official bloggers!
Click on our family picture to access the site:
IMG_9242
Photo credits: MinutemanSG

Megamint, go to Japan and SPREAD THE GROOVE!
Amin Amin, go go go go!
IMG_9252
Photo Credits: MinutemanSG

No comments:

Post a Comment