Tuesday, September 4, 2012

[Behind-The-Scene] Ch8 National Day drama The Day It Rained On Our Parade 《那一年我们淋着雨》

This is a 4-episode special National Day 2012 Drama reminiscing our first National Day Parade back in 1965. That year, it rained...



You know what I like about the 60s?
The vibrant colours, the fashion sense, the beautiful people.

Untitled

That's a wig.
I keep telling them how much I looked like Michael Jackson with this hairstyle.

Due to the fact that we might scare people away on the streets with our image, we ate packet lunch which the crew got for us. This retro feel, however, makes me feel like grooving to Abba's Dancing Queen in the middle of the street. *bleah*

In episode 1, I played a model whose hair was being messed up just 1 hour before our show at YMCA. We visited Lucy's Salon with our manager & got a total hair makeover...

Guess what, I found Episode 1 on Youtube!

Where am I?
Last minute in the 1st clip & 1st few minutes in the 2nd.
I'm showing you behind-the-scenes but promise you'll watch the clip first to know what I'm talking about.






=== BEHIND THE SCENES === 

This is how my hair really looks like hidden inside my scarf & wig. When it's unbraided, I immediately got this perm look.

Untitled

The filming was not done in a studio setting. It's a REAL Salon. More importantly, this salon is still opened for business somewhere in Katong; A real beauty.

Everything you see in the salon BELONGS to the salon. We didn't have to try to hard to give it a 60s feel. Perhaps the only modern items are the straighteners and fashion magazines.

Untitled

Untitled



Untitled

There's this beautiful back garden which the relative of the shop owner (who is now my Godmama, hoho) showed me. We can have a BBQ there!

Untitled

Untitled
Godmama invited me to dinner at her residence. Sweet lady. :)



==== MEET THE STARS ====


Untitled
Joey Pink and I.

Untitled
Benita and I. I met Benita when she was one of the finalists for the Guinness LIVE contest. She has really powerful vocals considering her age. Check out her LIVE performances:










Untitled
Aiwei and I.


Untitled
Geraldene is a freelance Model.

Untitled
Dawn is a part-time actress and a loving mother. :)

In love with the shoes which Dawn was wearing that day. Reminds me of Little Red Hood.

Untitled

Untitled
The Twins are really shy. They took so long to warm up to us. They are only 17 years old and this is the very first drama they did and already seem so experienced in acting; talented.


Untitled

Eelyn Kok (Guo Hui Wen) is so friendly and nice! You'll think she has a nasty character because most of her roles in dramas portray her as the bad guy. But in reality, she quietly reads her novels while waiting for her turn to film and really bubbly when we were lunching together!

Untitled

I finally get a chance to meet Ling Ling Jie in person again after the last drama we did together a few years back, Bai Wan Bao.

I look forward to my next filming assignment. <3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment