Sunday, April 22, 2012

Quick Post about Hosting & Kor's 27th Birthday!

I'm dropping a quick post so that I'll be able to wake up early to host a roadshow for Highlanders Brown Rice Tea, my 2nd day at Bukit Panjang Plaza.

Blogging is for penning down my milestones, my memories, my past and special occasions to remember. So before I forget, I must quickly update my thoughts and memories which I've collected recently.

Hosting Ain't Easy

24 HOURS NOT ENOUGH.
I need 999999999 HOURS.

The above statement is actually a blessing in disguise as I have embarked on yet, another new journey of my life: Hosting.

I did my very first public hosting event for CROCS Fashion Show 2 Saturdays ago, which I hadn't time to blog about it. I'm still consolidating photos from my blogger friends. I hadn't taken much photos myself.

L1000178

I WAS THE HOST WHAT.

Kudos to ALL hosts, emcees, DJs and VJs in the world.

Now prior to the actual event day, hosts have to do lots of homework: researching on the topic they are going to talk about, pronunciation, diction, immediate reactions, preparation, dressing, ESPECIALLY THE CORRECT NAMES OF SPECIAL GUESTS, timings, adaptability to unforeseen circumstances, tackling weirdest questions in the world, making sure you know the background of your guests etc.

Hosts have to memorise and familiarise them all.

Then comes interaction with the audience, the ability to build rapport with the crowd, the emphasis on essential points and more. These secondary skills are what all professional hosts possess. I'm working really hard on reaching to this stage.

Last but not least we talked about the X-factor, the humor, the confidence and the appearance of the host, other talents like sing, dance....

Hosts work wonders.
They either bring the particular show up and pull it down.

A horrible perfection I am, I fare myself badly for conducting this hosting event even though all my friends encouraged that I have done great as a first-timer. Someone ever told me this, first-timers are never excuses for not performing up to standard. Those watching you from the floor are people who don't know you. They can never tell that you are a 'first-timer'.

To them, you are either awesome, or NOT.

Of course, this is not going to bring me down. I'm telling myself(even right now) that my next hosting event will rock the house down!

Hosting for weddings is so different!
I've done a few and it's no where the same as an event hosting!

That means I have to do MORE HOMEWORK: watch more videos, learn and practise on more techniques, observe how other hosts and promoters work wonders at roadshows, events, fairs, carnivals, Youtube and on TV.

Then there's tuition classes, blog events, singing performance, rehearsals, briefings, emails...
Where did ALL THE TIME GO?


Liveomusic.Com

I'm back with LIVEOMUSIC!

Liveomusic is most interesting.
It's ASIA'S FIRST ONLINE VIDEO STATION.

That means no matter where you are, as long you have a laptop,  iphone, ipad, android phones and internet connection, you may log in to www.liveomusic.com and watch LIVE SHOWS like a LIVE broadcast TV/Sport Channel!

For about 2 months last year, I hosted an online mandarin show with Gim Goh call "We Can TOK Anything" where Gim and I will talk and play C-pop songs revolving around different themes weekly. It works like a radio station except you can SEE US. You can even SMS/Tweet in to ask questions, give feedbacks, say Hi...

301311_224105940986329_143735339023390_679926_1215668387_n

I've posted photographs of all our episodes and the playbacks on my facebook page here.

The studio was then in Kallang.

Liveomusic Studio is now in Forbidden City, Indochine(Clarke Quay)!

I'm hosting a brand new segment alone now, LIVEO LIVE C-POP.
You'll be able to catch LIVE C-POP Related performances and exclusive interviews with musicians, bands, performers, dancers!

The C-POP is not just chinese singing mandarin songs. It can be anything like playing a chinese instrument,  a person of a different race singing CPop songs, the songs can be cantonese, hokkien, teochew etc, chinese dance, hip hop dance with a mandarin song etc.

This is Ivan B.

He Qs me when I'm on live. Together with Milton, Kwik, Kelvin and Mohan, they are the crew preparing my segment for me; coolest people in the universe!

IMG_2520

Yingzi, her brother Hong Da, and Fenny were my special guests for the very FIRST Episode!

IMG_2521

IMG_2511

Fenny shocked her audience with amazement when she sang a korean song. You'll totally buy it if I told you she's a korean. SHE'S A SINGAPOREAN.  The floor went silent and mesmerized by Yingzi's GuZheng performance.

IMG_2533

Catch the 1st episode playback here.
Like I said, I'll definitely improve on my hosting skills and my brush up on my chinese. :)

2nd episode was just as exciting as the 1st!
Elynn and Weiqian was invited to come up on the show.

Watch the 2nd episode playback here. Remember to scroll the time bar to 1:00:00. There was another 1hour show before mine; LIVEO LIVE Accoustic.

IMG_2563

Elynn sang "Cha cham bo!!!"

IMG_2571

Weiqian did a Hokkien song and another local song sung by Fann Wong.
My favourites!

The person on the camera is Kelvin.

IMG_2578


I sang on my 3rd episode, keep scrolling and you'll get to it.
Click here to watch if you're not afraid your window panes will crack. Heh-heh.

Ice-skating at Jcube

I was at Jcube again on Monday for only about an hour to celebrate one of my BFF's brithday: Steven Low. I had to rush off for my singing rehearsal and performance at All About Eve Bar after that.

He's a year older than me, my secondary school senior.  We knew each other since I was 13 years old. That's THIRTEEN LONGGGGGGGG Years.


IMG_2613


As usual I didn't pluck up enough courage to skate in rental boots. My ice hockey boots were all rusty, mouldy and cracked!  I don't even know if they are still usable. The photos of my skates were posted up on my twitter(@mintleong). So I bought the viewing ticket for S$3.50 and became his personal nanny: fetch water, take care of his belongings, bullied by him(the usual).   > -.-"  <

IMG_2622

IMG_2619
Steven doing his hockey brake.

Oh yes, I insist on buying a birthday cake for him!
While pinching BOTH his cheeks, I screamed, "Kor, you are 1 more year older loooo!"

IMG_2623

IMG_2631


IMG_2636

Switch specs. :p

IMG_2637

IMG_2638

I always tell him how handsome (PUKE) he is while he's skating. Honestly, I'm not a great skater. I do crossings clumsily, I can't run very fast on ice, I always fall down and sometimes, I can't even brake as I want to!

Looking at how suave he is, I tell myself I have to start skating again soon to catch up!
Skating makes me forget about my worries temporarily. The coldness freezes your mind, the constant moving around the rink keeps you agile(slims you down too!); it's like your time has come to a stop. You feel relax for that little while .




Happy 27th Birthday, Low Kee Choun! (real name alert. :p)
Every year I have to tell you to stop growing older.
You're getting older means I'M GETTING OLDER TOO!

Si Gina!!! (internal joke)

1 comment: