Wednesday, April 27, 2011

All About Eve Japan Fund Raising Campaign- A Success!

IMG_2611

IMG_2606

On 16th April 2011, 7 local bands performed at All About Eve bar to help raised funds in attempt to help Japan.

IMG_2619
That's us still rehearsing at the smoking corner less than 1hr away from the start of the performance.

IMG_2618


There were students from a local Music School,

IMG_2647

IMG_2629
Here are their singing teachers who performs at All About Eve Bar every Thursday night at 10pm.

Some were jamming buddies,

IMG_2704
G.L.O.W, who performs at All About Eve Bar every Wednesday at 10pm.

IMG_2694

IMG_2693

IMG_2677

while others were simply KTV kakis who love music and kena 'tikan' to sing on stage for us.

IMG_2715

When I first proposed the idea to the bosses of All About Eve Bar that I'd like to have a fund-raising performance, they were so keen that they even offered to liaise with the other bands and sell their beverages to help raise more funds.

I invited Alex, a singer who has won several local song contests, to sing on stage with me.

IMG_2641

On top of that, I invited our famous Yongwei, to beat the cajon for the band which he immediately said 'yes'.

IMG_2614

We practiced & gave our best shot. Even though I was down with tonsillitis, I wouldn't let my illness get in the way for Charity.

IMG_2665

That's me singing "Tomorrow Will be Better" with another band,'Beyond Repair'.

IMG_2658

That's 'Beyond Repair' and I on stage. Beyond Repair performs at All About Eve bar every Tuesday at 10pm.

The amount we raise for the night?

IMG_2730

Impressive I'll say, for a little bar tucked at a corner of Arab Street where not many people knows.

IMG_2712
Yongwei donated his last $2 into the box.
As WTH as he is, he has a heart of gold too.

IMG_2622
Terence and I posing for the camera.

IMG_2709
Andy, a passionate photographer, who came down and helped us snap photos at the event. He was there specially to support the fund raising! Thank you!

Thank you to each and every kind soul who made this Charity Event a success- from the musicians, to the bands, to the guests who came down to support and to the bosses of All About Eve Bar, Won and Jennifer, who fully supported this proposal of mine and helped to plan everything.

IMG_2652

IMG_2648


PEOPLE, YOU ARE ALL SO LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment